My last post was dedicated to the four bloggers who tagged me in the twitter “homework” meme and since I wrote that, Keith Rispin and Niki Leech also tagged me, so I will oblige and answer their questions. Sorry it took so long!
1. Pick one celebrity you think you look the most like?
I have no clue! I don’t think I look like anyone but me.
2. What would like to do in your next career? (retirement counts as a career)
I’ll go with the easy answer and say retire. I don’t have THAT much longer to go before I can consider it, actually.
3. What is the most annoying thing about you?
I am a very anxious person and when I get anxious I talk or tweet a lot. I think talking is my way of working through the anxiety, but it even annoys me, so I don’t even want to think about how it annoys others.
4. Is there any situation under which you would condone and participate in civil disobedience?
I suppose since I have been on strike before, that would count? I don’t appreciate when governments disregard signed contracts.
5. Where is your favourite place on the face of this earth? (Other than home)
Po’olenalena Beach on Maui…look up at my blog header and you will see why.
6. If you had to choose between living in sweltering heat or freezing cold, which would you pick?
Sweltering heat…as long as I had air conditioning. 😉
7. Where can you trace your family roots to?
Romania, Germany, Scotland and England. One of my grandfather’s ancestors was the first mate on Captain George Vancouver’s ship.
8. If you had to pick one for the rest of your life: Sweet or Savoury?
9. Who are you most like, your mother or father?
10. Name of the one colleague you most respect?
My recently retired principal, Dan Village. He modelled all the best things about being an educator and human being.
11. If you could choose a new name for yourself, what would it be?
I like my name, but I suppose I would choose Mickey, as that’s the nickname my Gramps gave me when I was born. You can read about that in my “About Me”.
1. What is your favourite season and why?
I love summer! Check out the name of my blog…I love the sun and swimming is my favourite pastime.
2. Where is the farthest that you have travelled?
Beijing, China…I went there with my son, David, and his school band when they were invited to play on The Great Wall.
3. What is your favourite time of the day?
I love sitting and having a quiet time after school, but my most favourite time of any day is a morning when I can sit and sip my coffee in a quiet house before anyone else wakes up, then enjoy the buzz of activity when my family is sharing Saturday morning brunch.
4. What is your favourite TV show?
Once a Upon a Time…I love the story and how the characters lives are intertwined.
5. Do you have a favourite movie?
6. What was your most memorable vacation?
Hmmm…I have been blessed to have been on many memorable vacations, but I would say most memorable would have to be my trip to Beijing with my son, David, when he was in Grade 9. We saw incredible sights that will forever be etched in my brain,
7. What kind of genre do you enjoy reading?
I love books that are suspenseful and have twists in the plot. My favourite author is Jeffrey Archer and enjoy how his plots keep me guessing.
8. What is one of the scariest things you have ever done?
I would have to say going shopping in the Silk Market in Beijing. David literally had to pry the vendors off of me because they grabbed me and didn’t want to let me pass by their stalls.
9. What is your favourite childhood memory?
Going to Disneyland for the first time.
10. What makes you happiest?
Spending time with my family.
11. If you could go anywhere tomorrow where would you go?
Maui, of course!
So, there you have it…22 more answers so you can get to know me better. Now I’d better get back to my university work. 😉